Parkersburg Catholic Elementary takes pride in developing and nurturing a Christian atmosphere. Our Catholic Identity is centered around our relationship with God the Father, his Son and the Holy Spirit. We then extend this relationship to our churches, families, and community. These relationships are rooted in many ways, which include:
- Prayer at the beginning and end of the day.
- Prayer before and after lunch.
- Everyday at Noon the students pray The Angelus
- Weekly Mass on Wednesdays at 10:00 a.m. for students in grades 1-6.
- Yearly classroom service projects.
- Students engage in our religion curriculum.
- Annual All Saints parade to St. Francis Xavier Church.
- Acts of charity, i.e. Matthew 25 and Holy Childhood Association.
- 1st & 5th grade Rosary partners and 2nd & 6th grade Rosary partners.
- 6th grade retreat.
- Catholic Schools Week celebration.
- Student prayer leaders.
- Annual Vocations Awareness talk.
Parkersburg Catholic Elementary School enrolls students from grades pre-school through six grade. The school has an active Parent/Teacher Organization, which welcomes volunteer involvement in the school (e.g., lunch aides, teacher aides, library aides). Grades one through six are located in the main building at the corner of 9th and Juliana Streets, while the pre-school and kindergarten classes are held in a building on Fairview Avenue near Parkersburg Catholic High School.
For more information on this school, please contact Mrs. Stephanie Slone at 304-422-6694 or visit Parkersburg Catholic Elementary School.