2018 St. Francis Xavier's Feast Day Dinner was a huge success!!!
Our Feast Dinner was held on December 2nd and was enjoyed by all!
Thank you to everyone that made this such a successful event for all that attended.
Please be sure to view the photo album because you may just see yourself or a loved one. Thank you Susanne Miller for the pictures of all our beautiful parishioners!
2018 Rosary Rally
Again thank you Susanne Miller for the pictures that you were able to capture at the 2018 Rosary Rally. Please be sure to view the photo albums to see all the wonderful pictures.
Conformation class is open to all students, currently in 8th grade or older. We will have a kick off meeting for both Parents and students Sunday morning September 16th at 9:00 a.m.
Class program, expectations, and timing will be discussed. (Meeting will be on the 2nd floor of St. X parish hall) Cost is $5 to cover the cost of the instruction book.
Subsequent classes will start promptly at 8:45 a.m. and end at 10:15 a.m. We will not meet every Sunday, and the expectation is to be ready for the sacrament of Confirmation in the Fall of 2019.
Parish School of Religion - PSR
Parish School of Religion will have it's 1st class of the 2018-2019 school year on September 16th, Catechetical Sunday, for Pre-K through 8th grade. Please fill out a registration form for your child(ren) so books and supplies may be ordered before classes begin. Volunteers will be registering students after Mass September 1st and 2nd and September 8th and 9th.
EVERY student 2nd grade and above wishing to receive First Communion or First Reconciliation MUST attend PSR classes each week. If you have any questions or need a registration form feel free to call Jane Row, 304-615-3950 or the parish office.
We, the faithful of St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church, enjoy a rich and varied heritage and, guided by the Holy Spirit proclaim and live the teachings and example of Jesus Christ and His Church. With Saint Francis Xavier as our model, we selflessly offer ourselves in service to God and one another. We seek always to promote the sanctity of human life and inherent dignity to be afforded to all God’s children. We seek to witness our faith, promote a sense of community, foster the family, protect the weak, comfort the sick and dying, and announce the good news of salvation to all. We join our hearts and minds by lifting our hands in worship and fostering Christian education and action.
Readings for the week of January 20, 2019
- Sunday: Is 62:1-5 / Ps 96:1-2, 2-3, 7-8, 9-10  / 1 Cor 12:4-11 / Jn 2:1-11
- Monday: Heb 5:1-10 / Ps 110:1, 2, 3, 4 [4b] / Mk 2:18-22
- Tuesday: Heb 6:10-20 / Ps 111:1-2, 4-5, 9 and 10c  / Mk 2:23-28
- Wednesday: Heb 7:1-3, 15-17 / Ps 110:1, 2, 3, 4 [4b] / Mk 3:1-6
- Thursday: Heb 7:25—8:6 / Ps 40:7-8a, 8b-9, 10, 17 [8a and 9a] / Mk 3:7-12
- Friday: Acts 22:3-16 or Acts 9:1-22 / Ps 117:1bc, 2 [Mk 16:15] / Mk 16:15-18
- Saturday: 2 Tm 1:1-8 or Ti 1:1-5 / Ps 96:1-2a, 2b-3, 7-8a, 10  / Mk 3:20-21
- Next Sunday: Neh 8:2-4a, 5-6, 8-10 / Ps 19:8, 9, 10, 15 [cf. Jn 6:63c] / 1 Cor 12:12-30 or 1 Cor 12:12-14, 27 / Lk 1:1-4; 4:14-21
- Sunday: 2nd Sunday in Ordinary Time
- Monday: St. Agnes, Virgin & Martyr; Martin Luther King Day
- Tuesday: Day of Prayer for the Legal Protection of Unborn Children
- Wednesday: St. Vincent, Deacon & Martyr; St. Marianne Cope, Virgin
- Thursday: St. Francis de Sales, Bishop & Doctor of the Church
- Friday: The Conversion of St. Paul the Apostle
- Saturday: Sts. Timothy and Titus, Bishops
- Next Sunday: 3rd Sunday in Ordinary Time
New Parishioners Online Registration Form
If you would like to become part of our parish. Please complete the New Parishioners Online Registration Form by clicking HERE.
Protecting God's Children
To report an incidence of suspected child sexual abuse, please contact your local law enforcement agency, or you may confidentially contact WV Child Protective Services at 800-352-6513. To report suspected cases of sexual abuse by personnel of the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston to the Diocese, please contact the Diocese at 888-434-6237 or 304-233-0880.
Tuesday & Thursday 8:00am
Saturday Vigil 5:00pm
Sunday 10:30am & 5:00pm